Friday, November 5, 2010

Project Bluestreak - How do you turn it off??

So I saw the release of the new LABS application Project Bluestreak last week.

Autodesk Project Bluestreak LINK

I already use an open source IM program that works pretty well, but I thought I would at least test out this new add-on

The first problem is noticeable straight away, SETUP

Bluestreak is not integrated into Revit like the worksharing monitor already is. You physically have to setup a project group for each project you want to use it on. You also need each user to create an account which isnt too lengthy of a process but is a bit of a pain to be honest.

I see exactly where this is going, and it is a really useful looking tool for large projects using the new Revit Server tool

But for the average office, we really only want something like the worksharing tool with a IM facility for relinquishing and granting requests

So I spend 30 mins playing around with it, then I try to turn it off

I cant! And there is no entry in the INI file either. I logged a question at the aptly named GetSatisfaction website setup for bluestreak. And it seems the only way to turn it off is to completely uninstall it. Otherwise for each STC you get 3 warnings (which seems to stop the sync process until you acknowledge them) that say "Failed to share activity with Bluestreak"

 So I worked all day Friday with this annoying message each time I saved, first thing Monday morning I am uninstalling. Promising idea, but defiantly needs a bit of work

No comments:

Post a Comment