Friday, January 14, 2011

Etabs link for Revit 2011

Early last year I chased up the ETABS people regarding an update to their Revit Add-In for 2011
I had been using it pretty successfully with 2010 and it seemed a lot better than trying to work simply with IFC or DWG exports

I was promised something before the end of 2010, well I got it, on New Years Eve at 7:30 in the morning (so technically) the day before if it was sent from the states

But they seem to have changed the way it works, or at least how it obtains a license

Over here in OZ, typically we dont let Engineers near a Revit model so we dont generally install Revit on their machines, the old export tool from ETABS was just an ADD-IN to Revit, but it did require a license from the server to function, and if there was none free you had to kick an Engineer off to export

So ETABS have now made the export program standalone from the network license, BUT you now have to fork out $500 for it!


We are doing quite a bit with it, so it may be worth our while. But for the average company has already forked out a few grand for the software, you would hope they can through in the export program!

They provide a 30 day trial for free, I haven't had a chance to test out the new link, so I will report back with more details once I get a chance

There is nothing on the website about the 2011 version last time I looked, so if you are interested in trying it out contact ETABS directly or your reseller

http://www.csiberkeley.com/Revit/

1 comment:

  1. I got fed up of CSI... So I created my own tool. Check out www.nassermarafi.com

    ReplyDelete