Some early details on the upcoming 2012 release for Revit suites was brought forward by Autodesk at a webcast press release this morning
From the Autodesk Press Release
Autodesk software products for building design and construction support a more complete BIM
workflow, and includes Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012, Autodesk Revit MEP 2012, Autodesk
Revit Structure 2012 and Autodesk Navisworks 2012 . Enhanced with a new point cloud tool, the
Revit Family of software can now connect directly to laser scans as a part of the BIM process.
Revit-based products are now Citrix XenApp6 ready*, supporting working from remote locations
using a single server, and Revit Server to support collaboration on shared Revit models across a
wide-area network (WAN). Revit Architecture 2012 and Revit Structure 2012 offer a new
construction modeling tool to help users derive better construction insight from design models.
Improved conceptual energy analysis tools** for Revit Architecture 2012 and Revit MEP 2012
help support sustainable design decision-making early in the design process.
Additional AEC software-specific updates include:
· Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 enables users to create material appearance libraries to help standardize materials across projects and improve collaboration within the project team. Visualization enhancements give users the ability to display edges with more realistic views and shadows in consistent colors mode.
· Autodesk Revit Structure 2012 offers analytical model enhancements to help userscreate and manage the structural analytical model, enabling greater control and betterconsistency with the structural physical model. Reinforcement enhancements help usersmore easily define and visualize concrete reinforcement.
· Autodesk Revit MEP 2012 now enables users create custom systems, assign systems toducts/pipes without requiring them to be connected to equipment, assign color andlinetype by system without filters, as well as see total electrical load, air flow or pipe flowat any point within the system. New placeholders give users the ability to createconceptual level single line ducts and pipes early in the design process, and later convertthem to 3D geometry.
· Autodesk Navisworks 2012 accelerates BIM project review through integration, analysis,and communication enhancements. File interoperability improvements help boost productivity by supporting workflows between the latest enhancements in Autodesk Revitproducts and third-party applications. New user interface and API (application programming interface) for the Timeliner tool provide greater control and flexibility when working with 4D simulations. New multi-sheet 2D DWF support enables users to open, review and explore 2D data sets alongside 3D models.
This all ties together with the rebranding of the suite packages into the following
· Standard (AutoCAD)
· Premium (Adds a Revit Platform)
· Ultimate (Adds Navisworks or QTO etc.)
More details as they surface!